Old 17-01-2005, 09:08 AM
len gardener

yeh fran,

at first the straw started at around 6 bucks which i thought was a bit
rich then went to around 8 and then 12 that stopped us, nothing in
straw as you say only good for bedding for the chooks.

we used to get spoilt lucern hay for around 2.50 out ipswich way but
in brissy they wanted 6 bucks. once spoilt no good for fodder for
animals. when spoilt they call it mulch hay, even sugar cane tops in
smaller bails than the mulch hay got up to around 3 bucks i won't buy
it at that full of chemical residues anyway .

but at present we make all our own hay so no need to bring any from
off site.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.