Old 17-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Tom Disque

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 01:38:15 GMT, USENET READER
wrote:

Tom Disque wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:44:57 -0800, Timothy
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:08:20 +0000, USENET READER wrote:

No - my family immigrated to this country legally - half through Ellis
Island and the other half through other legal ports.

And actually - I know a shitload more about politics in general and this
issue in particular than you probably do. So you can take your advice to
watch and learn and stick it!

Of course I blame the contractors who hire the illegals. I also blame all
the other managers and owners of other business who hire illegals for less
money than they pay citizens and legal immigrants. And I blame the
politicans who get bribed to look the other way when they take money from
these businesses and also from right-wing foundations to study
market-based solutions to public policy issues.

Who really give a crap on how your family got here? Legal...illegal, they
still came here... and why did they do that? Looking for a better life
than what the could find in the hole they crawled out of I'm sure. That's
all these "illegal" immigrants are trying to do.

My great-great grandfather claimed to be a Frenchman in order to
emigrate to the US in the mid-1800s, because the quota for Germans was
already filled. Am I going to be deported to Germany?

Let's hope they make you go back! Actually, depending on where he was
from (I am thinking Alsace-Lorraine) he could have been French or German
at one time or the other. Did he speak both languages?

I don't know. The few remaining scraps from his diary are written in
German. There is a Chateau D'Isque in Alsace-Lorraine, however. It
seems they got chased out of France into Germany in the 1200s by the
peasants. I dunno if there is any connection between them and my
great-great grandfather.