Old 17-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Rodney Rash

USENET READER wrote:

Oscar_Lives wrote:

"Rodney Rash" wrote in message
news:3yEFd.4580$OF5.1806@attbi_s52...

USENET READER wrote:

Rodney Rash wrote:

USENET READER wrote:

I am starting a DYI home-improvement project and I notice that few
power or hand tools are made in the USA. Even most of the
Craftsman brand tools are made in the USA. Some are made in
Taiwan (a democracy I have no problem doing business with) and Red
China (perhaps I should call them Fascist China, a country where
the factories are owned by the state and staffed with slave labor).

Almost everything in Harbor Freight (except for the reconditioned
DeWalt tools) is from China. The stuff is garbage and usually
dies after a short period of time. Grinders and drills come with
extra electric motor brushes which almost always get lost by the
time you need them - and you will. HF always tries to sell you an
extended warranty program, and most people I know don't buy them -
even though for all intents and purposes, if you buy the EW, you
can bring back the tool and swap it for a new one anytime the
older one doesn't work. So other than the time you lose always
gong to HF to exchange tools, that does seem like a good deal.
How can American companies compete with that?

But I was talking to two buddies of mine and then mentioned
something about the construction trades which made me wonder if
any more tools are going to be made in the USA?

One guy works as a stone mason and he is finding it harder and
harder to find American made tools of his trade in the stores.
The Chinese-made crap (his words) are cheaply made, don't hold up
to continued professional work, rivets pop, everything rusts
unless you soak it in oil (which is not good for the mortar or
cement, mason's hoes break after one use, etc.

The other guy runs a catering truck that runs around to
construction sites. He says that, except for the licensed trades
(electricians and who are mostly younger white guys), the plumber
(who are mostly older white guys) and the bricklayers (who are
mostly African American) - everybody else is Mexican and they
almost only speak Spanish and need a bi-lingual supervisor on the
job. This supervisor - who is not dressed out for work - usually
stands around talking on his cell phone, looking at his steel and
gold Rolex watch - is a white guy.

Well - the real question is - are any of the largely illegal
immigrant construction workers buying quality American-made tools,
or are they spending as little money as possible on tools as they
might either get them stolen from a job site, or because they
might get deported at any time and don't want to have any more
money invested in tools than absolutely necessary?

Trade protectionist!!!! Why do you hate Amerika?? Damned liberal
whacko!!!!

I don't hate America. I love America. I just wonder why fascist
assholes like you continue to support trade policies set by big
corporations designed to rob American workers of hard won wage and
hour and workplace health and safety laws that ultimately will lead
to the destruction of the middle class.

You don't love America. I'll bet you are on public assistance or are
a fag with an agenda against everything that this country was founded
upon and you are mad at God for making you queer.

Actualy I love America. But it is interesting how you ****ing fascist
assholes proclaim your love for America yet you hate everyone who
disagrees with you who has the balls to use their First Ammendment
rights of free speech.

And we'll get to those, so called first amendment rights as soon as the
right wing court is seated.
Long live King George II W.
And I pray you are a Christian.