Old 17-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Elaine T

Nikki Casali wrote:

js1 wrote:

On 2005-01-17, Nikki Casali wrote:

I'm taking time off work to get 3 SAE tomorrow. 3 enough in a 330
litre tank? The algae eaters I already have are 7 Ancistrus and 2
Otocinclus.

Just make sure you get a true siamensis.
http://www.plantgeek.net/article_viewer.php?id=9

I got three at my LFS. They're still in the plastic bag. I'm not 100%
sure they are true siamensis. They have a light band above the dark
band. They only have one pair of barbels though. There is a lot of
conflicting information on the Internet.

http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/DSC00001.JPG
http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/DSC00002.JPG
http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/DSC00003.JPG
http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/DSC00004.JPG

Can anyone give me a definite true or false? I'm taking them back if
they're false!

Nikki

That's the fish. The stripe runs through the caudal fin, the fins are
almost clear, and there no clearly defined gold stripe above the dark
stripe. I think the lighter color above the dark stripe is a trick of
your flash because it's missing in pics 1 and on the back fish in 2. My
C. siamensis looks that way if the light hits him just right. As for
barbels, they really keep them tucked in.

Any other SAE keepers able to doublecheck my ID? The sure look like C.
siamensis to me.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__