Old 17-01-2005, 04:37 PM
salgud

Who am I and What Is My Gender?

Dave

Denver, Colo.

9, 5 Onc, 1 Paph, 1 Cat, 2 Unknown (probably Onc)

5.7

3 yrs come April

My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?

1. Keeping them alive
2. Getting my first one to spike (first one I got)

Miscellanious Info...

I have a project management consulting business and am starting up an
E-Learning business. I love to sail. I have 3 grown sons, none living
with me, thank God.
My oldest son's gf started giving me plants about 3 years ago when she
got a job in a nursery. When I managed to keep them alive a while, she
gave me my first orchid. I probably shouldn't forgive her. Then she
gave me more, adding insult to injury. I've killed a couple, moving
last year didn't help, but I've kept most of them alive and even
flourishing. I've come to love caring for them. Never thought I'd say
that!
Last year, I became determined to get some of them to bloom. Now my
paph is spiking (see separate thread) and I got so excited, like a kid,
jumping up and down in my kitchen! So I've dragged out my books and
started reading about orchids again. And asking questions here. Am
afraid I may end up like others in this NG! Worrying about my orchids
and planning my life around them! Does anyone know of a 12 Step group
for recovering orchid growers, or is there no hope?