Old 15-01-2005, 06:46 PM
~ Windsong ~

"John Bachman" wrote in message

One of water's characteristics is a high specific heat. In other
words, it takes a lot of heat to raise the temperature of a body of
water and a lot of cold to drop it. Hence a brief warm spell followed
by a return to seasonal temperatures has little effect on the water
temperature in a 1000 gallon pond.

## I don't know about that. After a few warmer days here my GF and koi are
at the surface nibbling the thickest algae on the liner. The water must
"turn" as they stay away from the cooler bottom at these times. Then it
takes one or two cold, below freezing days to have them all on the bottom
again. One pond is approx. 800 gallons and the other 2,000 gallons.

This characteristic moderates air temperature variations and the fish
do not even feel it.

## I think my fish might disagree.....

JMHO

John

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Due to financial crisis the light at the end