Old 17-01-2005, 03:33 PM
JennyC

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message m
from VX contains these words:

If you can't bend, you'd do better to use some
kind of contact weed-wand.

Ok. That's certainly worth knowing! I've never heard of contact weed-wands-
are there any specific models, makes or web sites you can think of that i
could look for?

Short-reach ones are sold in garden centres for spot weed killing in
lawns; dunno about long ones. I'd probably improvise with one of those
sponge-head washing up brushed tied to a walking stick :-)

You might find it useful to look into the range of tools and aids
manufactured for special needs gardeners, and I think there's also an
advisory group with a website about gardening with various
disabilities.I remember seeing their stand at a gardening show. (Waits
for Jenny to come up with the url...)
Janet.

Found several Janet :~))
http://www.gardeningfordisabledtrust.org.uk/