Old 17-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Sacha

On 17/1/05 17:20, in article , "Kay"
wrote:
snip

No, it does not fit the description of couch. The OP's description was
'long, very fine grass in quantity'. Couch in no way can be described as
'very fine', and I don't think it would have been described as 'in
quantity' - couch tends to throw up individual plantlets about an inch
apart, not a quantity of leaves.

It could just be lawn grass the seed of which has been washed into the bed
at some time. That's happened to me before now and it's a damned nuisance!
I imagine the OP could follow the Judith Lea method of dipping strong rubber
gloved hands into weedkiller and stroking it onto the offending plant, or
coating a poly bag with weedkiller and tying it over the plant very tightly.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk