Old 17-01-2005, 06:26 PM
June Hughes

In message , sarah
writes
June Hughes wrote:

In message , mike
writes
I'm thinking of getting one for suppressing the weeds coming up through
gravel

does anyone out there use one and are they any good ?
do they use generic gas cartridges or do they have to be parasene ?

I have one. Burns the weeds. I hate it. It is easier to scrape the
weeds out with a hoe or knife.

I have one. I'm sure it *would* burn the weeds if the heat from the
flame wasn't so easily dissipated by the wind :-/ OTOH it is a
legitimate excuse to play with fire :-)

Hi Sarah. I didn't know you posted here. As a wimp, I am a bit scared
of my weed wand and as it doesn't work as well as expected, that is an
easy excuse not to use it.
--
June Hughes