Old 17-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Bevan Price

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I have some areas of thymus vulargis, vinca minor, and a campanula being
invaded by long, very fine grass - in quantity. I've tried pulling it
out but it comes back. Digging it out would mean digging out the wanted
plants, removing all the grass roots and putting them back :-(

Is there an easier way? Or should I glyphosate the whole area in spring
and start afresh?

Thanks!

There used to be something called Dalapon which killed couch grass and other
grasses, but was harmless to most other plants. I have been looking for more for
seversl years, but have not seen it on sale - does anyone know if it is still
available ?

Glyphosate will kill grass, but repeated treatments are often necessary, and one
misdirected splash can kill your favourite plant.

Bevan