Old 17-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Wishy13764

Default Mealy bug question

I have this Bougainvillea, in a small hanging pot with just one 7" inch branch.
Its indoors here in the northeast, and weeks ago I discovered this white patch
under the leaves. I sprayed it with alcohol and pull off those white patchs.
Doesn't take long to look at and treat. Since then its bloomed again on that
one branch. A few weeks gone by and each day of those weeks I checked it out
and saw nothing resembling them..so i thought finally I got rid of the problem,
but to my dismay i saw one yesterday on one of the leaves. Pulled it off and
sprayed again. I look very closely to each node and like I said its only aabout
7 inches long. I want to keep this plant. Is there no way for me to get rid of
the mealy bug permanently? I'm concerned as it grows more branches.