Old 17-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:32:57 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

We had a judge as speaker at our last Society meeting. He's a nice guy, and
interesting, but pinning him down on many things was like trying to pick up
mercury! There have been a number of moves in south FL toward displays that
do not conform to the 'norm' of pyramids, for example, and they have been
winning awards. Our Society has been toying with some different display
ideas, and we ran them by him. No soap! None of our local judges want to be
the first to embrace something new.

Diana

The displays here that get awards are not pyramids. But the
color does flow in a wave across the display. Some are table top
size and almost level, I guess if you diagramed it would be an
oblong box shape. Some are grounded but fill again more of the
"box" than a pyramid. Depends on your background. We often
have screens rigged for backdrops and they define the 'box' that
gets filled. Not much will break the top line or spread into the
neighbors sight line. We do have a group that built a 'mountain'
in three pieces to use as backdrop. It sometimes works and
sometimes does not. But even it is lopsided and not a true
pyramid.

Are you out in the middle of the floor or against a wall? Are
you working from the floor up or from a table up?
SuE