Old 18-01-2005, 04:16 AM
js1

On 2005-01-17, steve wrote:
Now a question: How to keep the stuff at bay? Here's the set up:

55g tank, 48L 20H 12W
pH 6.7 with C02 injection at 20ppm
KH 3deg
temp 79f
Nitrates between 5 and 20, fluctuate with the amount of KNO3 I add.
Potassium and Phosphorus added minimally per the dosing pages. I shoot
for the optimun amount. There are a couple of plant spikes (trace
elements) deep under the large plants.

Stop dosing phosphorus. Your fish food should provide enough of it.
Keep up the Potassium. Remove algae infected foliage as convenient.
You'll just have to be patient.

http://www.plantgeek.net/article_viewer.php?id=9