Old 18-01-2005, 04:25 AM
Richard

In article ,
Chameleon wrote:
I started a 20 gal CO2 injected (DIY) planted tank about 3 weeks ago and
I've been monitoring water chemistry and plant growth very carefully. There
are currently no fish in the tank, althought I will add some later to get it
cycling properly. The substrate is layered. 2:1 perlite:soil + a fine
gravel overlayer. All my plants are pearling beautifully and growing at
anticipated ridiculous rates. Good root structure developing too.

I have a couple of sword plants in there. One of them is still sending out
the "pre-maturity" broad leaves rather than the narrow sword leaves of later
plant life. I have noticed that on one of the newest leaves, the entire
leaf is healthy looking, but almost totally brown.

Add nitrate.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org