Old 18-01-2005, 05:48 AM
Aunty Kreist

"escape" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:26:40 -0500, "Aunty Kreist"
opined:

Heh, I was hoping the neighbors would move away before it came to that.

I do plan on looking into evergreens, maybe in a year or two. The wire

thing
can be taken down really easily (hopefully) so I was hoping for a real
quick remedy for this spring and summer. I feel desperate to try anything
that will work, because I just can't forsee another summer dealing with

the
neighbors like we had to last year.

I completely understand. I planted a wall of oleander, but this is Texas

where
it's hardy. I also put other evergreens in those beds where there is no

fence.
Now he complains that his security camera cannot get a clear shot all the

way to
the corner! His security cameras! LOL. He says he sees burglers

nightly, and
strange people walking the neighborhood on the tape when he checks in the
morning. He also told me he saw a wolf and a bobcat and fox and coyote IN

my
backyard. How's that for a kook? I truly do understand and I know how

you
feel.

Ya know what, putting up those evergreens was probably the smartest thing
you could have done! If he's monitoring your yard with that kind of
paranoia, chances are he's watching you frequently, and trying to see
through windows. You may even want to consider buying those stained glass
colored window decals on windows facing his house ( they sell them at home
depot). They make the room look pretty, and deter anyone from seeing in.

Heh. My neighbor will stand on his side of the yard, directly by any open
window we have, and scream our names repeatedly until we answer. We've
actually had to duck while walking by the windows.

The only reason I'm trying to deter you is because this wire you want to
plant on is not going to stand up and after it's full of a vine will flop

over
from the weight. I suppose if you support it every 4 feet with a post, it

may
be okay. Try planting annual vines on it, like morning glories or

something
which doesn't get woody. Maybe it won't be pulled down as easily.

Good luck,
Victoria

I've been pondering all the great advice everyone here has given, and I've
decided to follow it. We decided what the heck, we're going to take down the
existing 3 ft. high chain link fence, and replace it with a 6 ft. Then,
we're going to buy those vinyl strips for weaving through the fence. It'll
create a solid wall, and it'll be sturdy enough for me to grow climbing
things on my side, without too much growing off into the neighbor's yard.

Thank you!