Old 18-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Christopher Green

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:48:09 +1100, "Peter Jason"
wrote:

"jannis" wrote in message
. com...
Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. I would like to ask you if you know of any
plant or herb extract that has the power to dilate the pores of the
human skin, thus making the epidermis more permeable (by topical
application that is). Thanks in advance.

Jannis

DiMethylSulfoxide can be used to aid transdermal drugs. Check this
structure out and compare with natural products.

While DMSO is indeed a penetration enhancer, it is a stretch of the
definition to call it a "plant or herb extract": it is an industrial
solvent that is a byproduct of papermaking. There is a great deal of
silly alternative-medicine use of DMSO, most of it benign.

--
Chris Green