Old 18-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Judith Lea

In article , Sacha
writes
It could just be lawn grass the seed of which has been washed into the bed
at some time. That's happened to me before now and it's a damned nuisance!
I imagine the OP could follow the Judith Lea method of dipping strong rubber
gloved hands into weedkiller and stroking it onto the offending plant, or
coating a poly bag with weedkiller and tying it over the plant very tightly.

It's nice to see that you remember my method, it's still the best for
getting rid of weeds growing amongst other plants where spraying would
be detrimental but remember to wear either thick household gloves or 2
pairs of the thin ones. Another useful tip for coating leaves that need
more drastic action, is to mix wallpaper paste into the mixture, this
will stick to the plant and there will not be any run off, I found this
worked on ivy.
--
Judith Lea