Old 18-01-2005, 02:33 PM
simy1

John Bachman wrote:
On 17 Jan 2005 17:27:24 -0800, "simy1" wrote:

Well, I like a challenge and I understand that fresh figs are a
delight (if I can get there). That is why I am seeking ideas on how
to get them through the winters. I have been told that others in

this
area have succeeded, although I have not met any of them.

that's the spirit. just keep the cover on long enough and early enough.
And perhaps four drums are all you need to keep the temperature inside
the cover
above 20F.

I thought of the kiwi but the fruits are very small, right?

like a large grape. But in time you get tens of pounds of them every
year, per plant. My father in law gets about 150 pounds per plant, but
those are the fuzzy ones.

John