Old 18-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Kay

In article , Gary Woods
writes
Martin Brown wrote:

But I am extremely sceptical of all US pseudo-medical sites that
are principally selling their expensive herbal extract pills.

As well you should be... my favorite is the "deodorized" garlic capsules to
avoid the bad breath, when all the studies I've seen indicate that the
health benefits are tied to the sulphur compounds in garlic. Which cause
the bad breath.

I thought that they weren't so much deodorised as wrapped in a capsule
so they get further down the body before disintegrating - the smell is
still there, but it can't get out so easily.

Is it the sulphur compounds that provide the benefit? Maybe there's
something in brimstone and treacle after all!

--
Kay