Old 18-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Katra

In article ,
"John" wrote:

"Katra" wrote in message
Rhizome.

And they are fairly shallow.
I just dig them out and track the root runner until I find them all!

In article ,
escape wrote:

I have found nothing other than to put the pruners deep into the soil and
cut
them off the minute they show up. Eventually the tuber or rhizome (not
sure
which) will run out of energy and dry up.

Victoria

Thanks everyone, will give that a try. Need to dig anyway to prepare the
flowerbeds..
John

Consider re-planting the fat rhizomes around a tree in a part of the
yard you want to "xeriscape" or leave wild. :-)
They really are a very pretty vine and do no damage to the trees. They
will also grow up a fence line.

Good luck!!!
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain