Old 18-01-2005, 09:14 PM
John

Consider re-planting the fat rhizomes around a tree in a part of the
yard you want to "xeriscape" or leave wild. :-)
They really are a very pretty vine and do no damage to the trees. They
will also grow up a fence line.

Good luck!!!
--
K.

Hello Katra,
So they don't do like the vines that totally cover trees you see along the
highways? Do they flower at all? They do have an interesting shape and
color to the leaves. Only thing they remind me of rose bushes with those
sharp thorns. All of mine are babies so I have not seen what an adult looks
like. Not sure why all of a sudden they are coming up but I don't seem to
have any "mother plants". There has never been any construction on the lot
we built on. It used to be part of a large ranch. Lots of "interesting"
plant life out here..Clumps of the oddest mushrooms I have ever seen popped
up almost over night last fall. Very odd..

Thanks again!!
John