Old 18-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Kate Morgan

snip
not bothered about flowers in may this year, just want to make sure it
survives, so any recommendations are most welcome

I have a very old Ceanothus and two summers ago it looked as if it was
on its last legs, I cut off all the dead bits that I could find and gave
it one hell of a pruning, I thought that I had gone too far but last
summer it bounced back and is now doing really well. I know that this is
not the same as moving it but I believe that they are pretty tough
shrubs and you have nothing to lose by giving it a good haircut. I don`t
know about feeding it I`m sure someone else will be able to advise you
on that one

good luck

kate