Old 18-01-2005, 11:33 PM
June Hughes

In message , Mike Lyle
writes

But it's a lousy tool, and hominids abandon poor designs. In your
place, June, and armed with the supporting testimony you've read
here, I wouldn't hesitate to take the thing back and get my money
back on the clear grounds that it doesn't do the job. Then invest in
a hoe -- a Swoe if you can find one: an ingenious kind of Dutch hoe
with only one "arm" -- and an old table knife and fork, plus some
glyphosate if you like. Keep the cutting edges of the hoe sharp with
a file or flat scythe stone (spades too like being sharpened), and
live happily ever after.

Unfortunately, I have had it for well over a year, so can't take it
back. I use an old knife (or to be correct, my daughter comes and uses
an old knife for me). I am in no position to complain
--
June Hughes