Old 19-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Warwick

In article .com,
says...
The only thing I use it for now is lighting the bonfire.

Brilliant, a real use for it. Now if they had advertised it as that I'd
have bought it much sooner!

I found a single use for flame that (a) worked and (b) din't cause too
much agony.

I bought a bay sprigling for a quid at a local scout sale. I plated it
in the bit of the garden plan that says "large Bay". I'm patient. First
summer it got hit by a leaf miner. Come autumn I decided that the
organic pesticides had failed and it wouldn't hurt to destroy the
infected leaves on the plant. Plant death seemed a failry likely effect,
but I gave it a chance. I now have a three foot high bay bush with no
disease. Another 5 years and it'll be looking how I want it.
Warwick