Old 19-01-2005, 02:30 AM
len gardener

g'day liz,

you can use almost any material you can get hold of or that you like,
x-railway sleepers could have creosote in them, and cca treated timber
is full of nasties. you will find that if you buy new railway sleeper
size timber it will last for a long time. i went to the recycle timber
yard and found that 10" wide panels of clip lok roofing cost 5 bucks a
length and 2 lengths with 4 stainless steel screw made a self standing
border 5 meters long and 1 meter wide 6 meters is a good maximum
length but never wider than 1 meter.

best heigh is 10", 12" if you want 6" will do if border material is
limiting.

see my garden page at my site for ideas on how i do my raised beds too
easy.

don't worry about killing grass use newspaper then lay the medium in.

keep in touch let us know what you decide and how you go.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.