Old 19-01-2005, 12:44 PM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 04:56:29 GMT, "Cereus-validus..."
wrote:

Not so Bobo.

You have not been paying attention to the news.

This is by far the most expensive presidential inauguration of all time.
All other previous presidents would have been ashamed to so selfish as to
waste that much money on themselves. Only three million is out of taxpayers
coffers. All the rest is from private donations from the rich and special
interests who want nothing more than favors in return. There is no doubt
that this presidency is for sale and they don't care who knows it.

What message did Clinton send in '93 when he spent ONLY 33 million
dollars on his inauguration? Not exactly being frugal or saving money
for other priorities is it? Was that presidency for sale then too but
just marked down? I guess the 30 mil in '97 was a real bargain.

It's all a needless waste of money as far as I'm concerned. However,
a little accounting shows that this comes out to about 14 cents per
citizen, so its really not all that much to get bent out of shape over
compared to all the other needless waste. You couldn't buy many
Yankees starting pitchers for that kind of money.

Go ahead and single out Bush as your personal anti-christ, but he's no
worse then the others.

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Cereus-validus... wrote:
They are spending fourty million dollars for Dubya's inaugural balls?
That leaves absolutely no doubt that the republicans have by far the
biggest balls in the country.

Its not as though that money could have better spent on something more
deserving like education, social security, AIDS research, disaster
relief, etc. The rich have their priorities.

How much did Carter, G.H.W. Bush, Clinton, or Reagan spend? I think the
inaugural is always a big expensive blow-out, no matter whose balls they
are.

AFAIK, education, social security, AIDS research, disaster relief, etc.
are being funded already, and cancelling the inaugural parties would not
make a difference. There's nothing stopping you from writing a big ol'
check and giving it to any one of these causes -- but I guess you have
your priorities.

Best regards,
Bob

Swyck