Old 19-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Mike LaMana

I have moved some huge Calycathus (Carolina allspice) - some with rootballs
8' in diameter. These large ones all did fine, but did stool heavily from
the base. In 2 years time, though , you'd never have been able to tell.
--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
Consulting Forester & Arborist

wrote in message
oups.com...
Howdy all.

I have a Sweet Shrub(a.k.a Carolina Allspice) that I would like to move
to a different location.

Can anyone tell me if this plant will tolerate a move? I obtained the
plant from a sucker about two years ago. The plant is about 3' high and
is a vigorous grower.

I assume it can be transplanted without a problem, but I want to be
sure. I really like it and it's kinda a rare find for me, so I'd like
to have it around for awhile.

Info on plant he http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/550/index.html
Any help appreciated.
-Felder