Old 19-01-2005, 04:50 PM
zxcvbob

paghat wrote:

There's nothing stopping you [Cereus] from writing a big ol'
check and giving it to any one of these causes -- but I guess you have
your priorities.

Do you mean to imply your priorities are balloons & bleechers &
prohibition of expression of free speech in any location where such
expression might be seen?

-paghat the ratgirl

No, I only mean to imply that talk is cheap. It doesn't cost anything
to criticize Bush, and there is nothing stopping Cereus from giving
money to the poor if he is so concerned about them. From what I've read
of his many posts here, I'd presume to say that he couldn't care less
about them.

(A better criticism would be, "Is it appropriate to have such an
over-the-top celebration when there is a war on? Couldn't it be toned
down just a little?)

Let the Republicans have their party, just like the Democrats do when
they get the opportunity. The poor will always be there for you to help
(and have always been there.)

Best regards,
Bob

--
Ecclesiastes 3:4 "A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;"