Old 19-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Richard Blincoe

The ballast is to limit the current flow to the amount needed by the lamp.

In the world of conventional ballasts I think it fairly important to use the
"correct" matching ballast for the lamp.

I think a lot of electronic ballast are actually rated for a wattage range
i.e. 30-60w?? but I am not certain on it...

"Nikki Casali" wrote in message
Would there be any harm in using a 36 watt compact fluorescent T5 tube
with a 55 watt electronic ballast? I presume the tube just pulls as much
current as needed. The reason for the higher wattage ballast is to allow
for the potential to "upgrade".

Nikki