Old 19-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Salty Thumb

"starlord" wrote in
:

I know already all the things that they say must be done to call it
Organic, but that term is the must MIS-USED term there is. It is real
simple, if anything has living cells in it, it is ORGANIC. Rocks,
Metals, Crystals, stuff like that are NON-organic.

So unless someone has figured out how to plant a seed and grow a Steel
I beam, then all living things on Earth fall into the class of being
Organic.

Just because one uses a definition that you are not accustomed to does
not mean the term is misused. The intended meaning may very well be
misunderstood by you and others who insist on assuming the definition
they are familar with, but not misused.

http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dicti...va=organic&x=0
&y=0

On the other hand, there are plenty of hucksters and profiteers who will
not hesitate to pass off any fruit or vegetable as organic under your
definition.

Troll food: there are plenty of bacteria that can 'eat' various ores with
no carbon content and crap out a refined product. There are also simple
self replicating machines in research labs. Lastly, it is possible to
grow a steel I-beam. You just need to use a suitable definition of
'seed'.