Old 13-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:21:25 -0500, "Ken Anderson"
wrote:

"Stuntz" stuntz @excite.com wrote:
Just wandering what you all use to make the rows in your garden.

Two broom handles, string, and a tape measure. I've actually used a square to
keep the garden, well, square. And I use the tape to actually put the seeds
in the ground at the proper spacing. Please don't laugh at me. ; )

How's about if we snicker quietly behind your back?

My "rows" have more in common with a snake than a square! Trying to
put everything in straight lines would waste space in some places and
crowd plants in others. And then there are the basil plants that pop
up between rows, I don't have the heart to pull them all up. Not to
mention those late or extra vegetable plants I always end up with,
I can sorta squeeze them in those odd corners and wiggles.

Penelope