Old 20-01-2005, 04:55 AM
Ozdude

"John " wrote in message
I just purchased an 850g aquarium that is 3' 6" high, The fw.misc group
thinks that the "watts per gallon" rule doesn't count in an aquarium of
that size. I think my biggest concern is the height of the tank.

I plan on growing average Wisconsin Pond weeds (oops) plants. Milfoil
(not eurasion) Hornwort, Cabomba, Anacharis, Duckweed, possibly even a few
water lilies.

I plan on starting with about 440 watts of fluorescent lighting. High
Output T12 fixtures with Cool White bulbs (don't know the numbers).

I'd go for T8's - 30% more lumen output I believe.

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith