Old 20-01-2005, 02:07 PM
enigma

"edja" wrote in
:

Does anyone have any good experience with getting rid of
moles? I have tried a pesticide (mole tox) with little
success. I have looked on the web and seen several options:
scissor traps, worm type bait and eliminating grubs. Any
suggestions would be helpful.

my barn cats are pretty good at getting rid of moles, voles &
mice too. (for the birdy lovers out there, they seldom bother
birds because there are enough fun mole, vole, mouse toys
around to keep them occupied... plus the overly aggressive
rooster seems to have put the fear of birds into them g).
Rudh recently brought me a Star-nosed mole. what a facinating
creature! personally, i'm happier when they get the voles.
those things are far more destructive than the moles.
oh, & eliminating grubs does remove the moles food supply &
is probably the best method for non-cat folks g. i have 62
acres & grub eradication is not much of an option due to my
pending organic status & size of the acreage. i just don't
worry too much about the lumps in the lawn (now the woodchuck
in the pasture is another thing entirely...)
lee