Old 20-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Martin Brown

Sacha wrote:

....are flowering in the shelter of a hedge about 5 minutes from here!

I haven't seen any wild primroses yet. Snowdrops are already full out in
sheltered spots here and I have one solitary daffodil that is almost
open! The rest are way behind it. Shame about the strong wind today I
hope it doesn't get snapped off.

Unusually warm here in North Yorkshire this winter. One night last week
it was 17C outside at 11pm 9/1 (and 15C in the porch).

Rhubarb is also well on the way to being ready tp cut - shoots are 6-8"
long already. Lots of other things are budding up which could be a big
problem if there is a severe freeze.

Regards,
Martin Brown