Old 20-01-2005, 08:28 PM
steve

Elaine T wrote:

What brand are your fertilizer pellets, so I know what to avoid? I

just
added Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Root Tabs plus Iron laterite pellets

my tank a week or so ago and so far so good.

They are Flourish Tabs:
http://www.petmeister.com/item801.htm

"Flourish Tabs are growth stimulating tablets for plant roots. They
contain essential trace elements, amino acids, and vitamins. They are
rich in iron, manganese, magnesium, calcium, potassium, inositol,
choline B12, biotin, and other factors that have been determined to be
beneficial to aquatic plant roots. They contain no phosphate or nitrate
that would promote algae proliferation."

I remember reading the ingredients before putting them in my tank
again, because I thought they were the probable cause of "Green water
2004". The ingredients look bland enough, no urea or xx percent
phosphate to worry about. But "twice bitten oh my butt hurts now", or
how ever that goes, I'm not putting them in again.

steve