Old 14-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Jim Lewis

On 14 Jan 2005 at 10:18, Steven Wachs wrote:

It would take a very long time for the nail to break down. slow and steady
is a good thing.

Since I have gazillions of used horseshoe nails left lying
around in the barn and since I don't want them in my or my dog's
or family's feet, I pick them up when I see them. They're very
basic, soft, iron and rust quickly.

I do not know if the nail-in-the-pot theory is folklore, pure
hooey, or what, but I often stick a few in the pot with my
azaleas and gardenias which are the plants that will develop
chlorosis first.

The chlorosis seems to diminish -- though I'm also taking other,
more standard, steps.

FWIW, which isn't much.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: