Old 20-01-2005, 09:05 PM
rwakeford

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:10:28 +0000, Rhiannon Macfie Miller wrote:

We're moving to Perth,

A lovely city. My parents had a house just south in Bridge of Earn with
a very big vegetable garden. It was about 15 years ago and I'm just
trying to remember what they grew. I have also just moved from Glasgow,
after living in a flat in the West End for 37 years, to live here in
France.

The trouble is that Perth is north, inland, and uphill of Glasgow,
where we are at the moment.

But not much colder and it's not all that much further north, about 40
miles at the most? It's drier! My father had lots of Elsanta straberries
and then of course you can grow the gorgeous and best in the world
Scottish Raspberries (but don't know the type and can't contact him as
he's in Madeira for two weeks). He never grew peppers and the like but I
think it was only because he didn't like them.

Sorry I can't be much more help.

--
Richard 20/01/2005 21:55:42