Old 21-01-2005, 02:20 AM
John >

Now I could have had a purpose for the metal chimney flashing that used to
be right were the tank is now. Many years ago there was a fireplace there
and I paid to have the chimney removed. I wonder if the guy could bring it
back.

JOhn

"Elaine T" wrote in message
om...
Ozdude wrote:
"John " wrote in
message ...

I just purchased an 850g aquarium that is 3' 6" high, The fw.misc group
thinks that the "watts per gallon" rule doesn't count in an aquarium of
that size. I think my biggest concern is the height of the tank.

I plan on growing average Wisconsin Pond weeds (oops) plants. Milfoil
(not eurasion) Hornwort, Cabomba, Anacharis, Duckweed, possibly even a
few water lilies.

I plan on starting with about 440 watts of fluorescent lighting. High
Output T12 fixtures with Cool White bulbs (don't know the numbers).

I'd go for T8's - 30% more lumen output I believe.

Oz

Speaking of lumens, you might want to actually find out how many lumens
hit an "average Wisconson pond" and use enough light to hit that
intensity. A photographer can probably help with light measurements. Then
collect your weeds from around 3 feet of water. I'm with Richard - I
think you'll need MH or sunlight. A Solatube installed over the tank
would be spectacular. http://www.texassolatube.com/

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__