Old 21-01-2005, 07:22 AM
starlord

I see the high priced "Organic" goods in the viggie area of the ONE local
supermarket in the desert town I live in get thrown out after it's 2nd day
while the 'treated' goods sell at good rates. To me that says a lot more.
With the cost of goods going up, people look for bargins, just as I do, and
when I look at a bag of normal oranges going for a price I can afford, and
the so called Organic ones are more than 2 times the price and don't even
'look' as good, they end up sitting there for a day or two and then get
thrown away. I've seen the organic goods go down in numbers too, and it's
funny when I see some of the OG'ic stuff in plastic bags sitting right next
to the same companies normal goods and the price sticks out like a blazing
sign.

--

SIAR
www.starlords.org

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"starlord" wrote in
:

I know already all the things that they say must be done to
call it Organic, but that term is the must MIS-USED term
there is. It is real simple, if anything has living cells
in it, it is ORGANIC. Rocks, Metals, Crystals, stuff like
that are NON-organic.

So unless someone has figured out how to plant a seed and
grow a Steel I beam, then all living things on Earth fall
into the class of being Organic.

my, aren't you being obtuse
while i do agree to some extent that having to label non-
chemically treated produce & livestock as "organic" is
somewhat silly, how else does one differentiate it from the
chemically treated? do you have a better solution?
lee