Old 20-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Loki

il Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:43:38 -0500, Steve Calvin ha scritto:

Boy, my friend and I are stumped but we'll keep looking. I *think* that
it's some kind of lavender. I originally thought that it was English
Lavender but I'm not sure now. It appears to be in that family though.

What about 'swan plants' (Asclepias physocarpa)? The Monarch
butterflies love that one. They eat it to death if there aren't
enough planted.

"belongs to the milkweed family, and like all milkweeds they attract
the lovely wanderer butterfly to the garden. The downside is that the
seeds spread very easily throughout the garden on the breeze, so the
plant does have some weed potential. Another problem is that it
exudes a poisonous, milky sap. However it tastes bad and is not
really the sort of thing you'd want to eat. Swan plants reach around
2m (6') tall, and can be grown in most parts of Australia. "

--
Cheers,