Old 17-01-2005, 05:55 PM
J Fortuna

Dave,
I'm afraid that orchid addiction appears to be incurable looking at all the
testimony. Though some people claim to recover for a while (especially after
major disasters that wipe out their collections), recidivism is frequently
reported. I have not encountered an OAA (Orchid Addicts Anonymous) yet. If
it does exist RGO is definitely not it, since we tend to encourage further
addiction (see Rob's Rules in Rob Halgren's sig). I believe that orchids are
intent on taking over the world, one human at a time, and it appears that
often the same humans who are vulnerable to being ruled by cats are also
susceptible to orchid addiction, though evidence seems to indicate that
orchids are better at taking over our lives than cats, since 43 cats that
you mention in the other thread is considered a lot, whereas 43 orchids is a
not-unreasonable number (at least not by the standards of the members of
this ng, though in real life when I tell people that I have 31 orchids,
those that have not been taken over yet, usually are stunned by the number).
Best,
Joanna

"salgud" wrote in message
ups.com...
snip
started reading about orchids again. And asking questions here. Am
afraid I may end up like others in this NG! Worrying about my orchids
and planning my life around them! Does anyone know of a 12 Step group
for recovering orchid growers, or is there no hope?