Old 21-01-2005, 06:46 PM
jay jay jay jay is offline
Registered User

Location: south west france

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flax
"keith ;-)" @REMOVETHISntlworld.com wrote in message
Does anyone have a window bird feeder,if so do you have trouble attracting
the birds?
--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

My daughter used to hang a cylindrical wire nut tube outside her first floor
living room window. It was on a piece of string tied to the window stay of
the top-hung window so the tube was actually touching the glass. It was
fascinating to see wild birds so close.
I hang some fat balls on the shutter hinges just outside my kitchen/dining room window - looking out onto the terrace. They attract mostly blue and great tits, the other birds (eg robins, nuthatches, willow tits) being reluctant to come so close to the window. It is wonderful seeing them so close and gives me endless enjoyment at mealtimes. (mine and theirs that is)