Old 21-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Pete

"Dan White" wrote in
:

"Pete" wrote in message
"Dan White" wrote in news:0t%Hd.571$vo6.564
@fe11.lga:

"spiral_72" wrote in

3. If you rely on the speed of it melting to dictate the injection
rate

Just a nitpick, but CO2 sublimes instead of melts.

dwhite

ROTFLMAO. Oh man I know, I'm a science geek I do that nitpicking
stuff myself. I just didn't think it was worth it having people look
up the definition of sublimation :P

P.

Like they say, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

dwhite

Hey, just thought of something. CO2 in a pressured tank is in liquid form.
So if he puts this dry ice in a sealed tank that does get a high enough
pressure once enough CO2 has sublimated, as the rest of the CO2 thaws it
will turn into a liquid instead of a gas... so it would 'melt'. hehe.

P.