Old 18-01-2005, 03:21 PM
gng

Thanks - Jan, which device should I buy? I looked at the website and there
are lots of options. I have a Sequence 7100 pump. How does it work? Do I
plug the pump into this gizmo?

Gary
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Gary wrote:
I have a 2500 gallon pond, cement with liner, and woke up the other

morning
to find that half the water was gone! I found a small hairline crack

along
the smaller waterfall - perhaps a foot long. The water flows over the
crack; the crack is not submerged. I patched it and everything seems

fine.
Does this make sense that this was the problem? 1200 gallons down in 12
hours?

Amazingly it is possible. Small holes can cause drops in inches, whereas
your hole was a foot long.

Also, now that I am paranoid, I had this idea for how to stop the pump if
the water drops. I have a 1/5" intake tube that goes to the bottom of

the
pond. If I put a T coupling on it a couple of feet from the bottom, if

the
pond ever dropped lower than that would I not lose prime and suction -
hence, causing the pump to stop pumping the pond dry?

It would, and you'd burn out your pump. Better to get an automatic shut
off. www.aquaticeco.com type in *mercury float switch* if the URL below
doesn't get you the

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/...11432/cid/2965

~ jan