Old 21-01-2005, 07:50 PM
BAC

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message
. ..

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 20/1/05 18:57, in article ,
"Duncan Heenan" wrote:

snip
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Duncan, could you try ignoring this boring little woman? Please.

I think he has to accept a large measure of responsibility for this

spat.
Would the thread have deteriorated in this fashion if he had not first
waded
in with calculatedly insensitive remarks based on the OP's nationality?

Oh come now, they weren't just insensitive. I had intended to be as
offensive as possible, but perhaps I failed.

I should imagine many Americans would have been offended by your remarks, if
they had read them, yes.

I admit to being anti-American,
but that view is based on their Foreign Policy, not on any racial creed. I
hope that by showing them how they have made themselves hated, even in
countries they think love them, they might change. It's a kind of
e-missionary work I suppose.
This particular lady did however ask for it with her daft Barbie-Doll
posting on a uk newsgroup. I sympathise with her neighbours, if they

exist.
With any luck she'll stay away now.

Maybe she will, probably feeling somewhat more insular than before, thanks
to you.

Personally, I doubt she can wield any more influence over her country's
government's foreign policies and actions than any other individual
(remember the anti-war protests before the war?), but if I hear you've been
carted off to Gunatanemo, I'll know I was mistaken.