Old 21-01-2005, 11:10 PM
raycruzer

Lots of issues here. Organic growers use chemicals like pesticides,
for example, that are supposed to be non-toxic. Some organic growers,
especially in California, also rely heavily on hand-weeding, which is
very costly. To catch up on the latest hand-weeding regulations issues
in California, see www.ergonica.com/hand_weeder_science.htm. You might
find it interesting to see a new trend that could make life possibly
even more difficult for growers in other states, organic or otherwise.

We all benefit by organic farming, I believe, because it raises the
standards in general for higher quality, safer and more nutritious
food.