Old 22-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Glen Able

"Keith" wrote in message
You can do it

Your encouragement is much appreciated

Get 9' slotted posts and hire an auger to keep the hole as narrow as
possible concrete all the way down and ensure the bottom gravel boards
are supported across their full length by a shallow trench of concrete
as the weight will be considerable.

Yes, I'm currently contemplating 9' posts with about 3' 4" underground.
Is a concrete trench the best thing to support the boards? I'd worry that
the weight wouldn't be distributed evenly - would a trench packed with
rubble be better?

Gravel boards are availble everywhere 12" wide by 6' long expect to pay
around £8 each

Is it feasible to cut these, so I can cover the 20' properly?

thanks Keith!
G.A.