Old 22-01-2005, 06:13 AM
Elaine T

spiral_72 wrote:
HA, ha...... go ahead and laugh, Ye' of little faith.

My idea just may revolutionize the aquarium hobby as we know it. Quite
possibly the WORLD!

Anyways....... I bought some dry ice at Publix (a grocery store) for
$1.09 a pound.... Cheap enough I guess. I put about 1 inch of water in
a 20oz coke bottle and 3 pieces of dry ice about the size of a quarter
I suppose......Screwed the top on and um, hehe It went from a coke
bottle shape.... to a um, round kinda shape and all the pleats in the
bottle pulled out.......That is untill it exploded.

So, cool I know it works..... Guess I'll start out small and monitor it
with a pressure gauge.

Oh, yea....... Kids, Don't try that at home......... And if you do.....
leave me a message and tell me that wasn't the most excitement you've
had since breakfast.

Heh. You haven't been around a biology lab enough. We used to take dry
ice pellets and put them in latex gloves. Tie the end in a knot and
stick the glove over by someone. It eventually blows up into a balloon,
and pops. *bang* Everyone jumps.

Juvenile, but hey - graduate school brings out the best in everyone. ;-)

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__