Old 22-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Kay

In article , David
writes
I regularly spread some seed out on my windowsill. The birds are totally
unafraid and perch quite happily just a few feet away from me!

Probably because we have cats, ours aren't. You can watch them on the
bird table from the kitchen if you stay very, very still.

So I was reading this thread with envy .... until yesterday, when two
long-tailed tits came and started grooming the pear tree for insects,
just two feet away from were I was standing just inside the kitchen
window. I've never, ever seen long tailed tits that close. And they're
my favourite bird :-)

--
Kay