Old 22-01-2005, 05:02 PM
starlord

I live on the edge of Rosamond, High Mojave Desert of Calif. The one big
supermarket in town is an abertsons. Last week they had navel oranges on
sale, and as I love those, I took what change I had and went up there.
Happen to look over at the Organic shelf, the navel's where going for
29cents a pound, the few oranges over there where $1.25 a pound and where
about 1/3rd the size.

Even here, anything like seedless grapes and most viggies come from way down
south of the boarder from S.America.

And watch the price of strawberrys go threw the roof, most of the berry
fields in the costal area of Calif have been underwater for 2 weeks or more.

--

SIAR
www.starlords.org

"dps" wrote in message
So there is not a demand for organic foods in your town (I assume it's a
small town since you describe it as having only one supermarket). Your
supermarket will probably drop organic food to stay profitable if it
doesn't sell. In other places where there is a demand, the produce
turnover is higher, which keeps the displays looking fresher. If your
supermarket presents you with cruddy looking stuff, you are within your
rights to not buy it.